Molten Series & Cup
Molten Series & Molten Cup Information
2020 Molten Series Dates : January 4-5, 18-19, February 22-23, March 14-15, April 4-5
Molten Cup: May 16-17, 2020
Arrival Time: Ensure you are at your assigned location 30-40 minutes prior to your first match.
- All matches are best 2 of 3 sets. The 3rd set is only played if the teams split the first two sets.
- Each bracket will have a mix of age groups, since they are matched-up by strength, not age.
- CHANGE FOR MOLTEN 2020: Know the age group for BOTH playing teams; follow the 5 seconds and allow a re-toss for U12-14s, ONLY when they are playing another U12-14s team. If EITHER team is U15-18, the re-toss rule will NOT apply and both teams will have 8 seconds to serve.
- $27 per match
- If you do not work as scheduled (more or less matches!) please email/call Robyn immediately after the event so we can ensure payments are made correctly to all officials.
- Forfeited matches that are the official's last match of the wave AND do not require the official to perform the forfeit procedure will not be included in final match counts for payment.
JVA Rule Differences:
- Teams may change libero(s) EVERY set, even if 2 are selected at start
Coin Toss: Conduct the coin toss by assigning one team as "heads" and the other team as "tails." Flip the coin and give the corresponding team the choice of "serve, side or receive." Give the other team the remaining choice.
Warm-up: The 2-4-4 format will be used for ALL matches. The first two minutes will be for ball handling, followed by 4 minutes on the court for the serving team and then 4 minutes for the receiving team.
Ref Teams: Each team will provide two line judges, a scorekeeper, a scoreboard operator, a libero tracker and a 2nd (Down) referee. If both playing teams agree, a player may be the R2. Otherwise a coach will be the R2. If it is agreed that a player will R2, a work team coach must remain at the scorer’s table for the match.
Playing Locations & Parking Instructions
Midwest Volleyball Warehouse
14050 Judicial Rd, Burnsville, MN 55337
When entering, please be sure to identify yourself as an official to those taking admission. There is a room marked and available for officials in the playing facility area. Please keep it tidy during the day and clean-up at the end of play. No outside food or beverage (even coffee) is allowed at this site.
MN Select Volleyball Center
8686 Valley Forge Ln, Maple Grove, MN 55369
When entering, there will be a door/room immediately to the left for coaches and officials. It is shared space, so please be tidy and allow space for everyone.
1701 W 94th St, #300, Bloomington, MN 55431
When entering, immediately turn to the left and walk through the lobby area filled with tables and chairs. At the end you’ll see a door with “M1 Coaches/Staff Only on it. This is the shared space for officials and coaches to leave their jackets/boots/etc. during the day.